Sunday, July 18, 2010
Reunion "copy and paste" post
Nick and I were in his hometown of Spencer, Iowa (June 26). His mom had hip surgery and it was his 20 year HS reunion. The reunion was at the county fairgrounds, at the 4H barn and the attaching deck (I'm not kidding). It was also BYOB, which his friends all pitched in $10 for a keg (also not kidding). This is important to know because when the tornado siren went off (again not kidding) and Nick suggested we (he and I) go to his mom's basement to wait out the storm I said "Grab the keg! We're going to Vesta's!" So...keg, food (pulled pork sandwiches, slaw, etc.), and 1/2 of the people at the reunion (about 40) all headed the 6 blocks to Nick's mom's to wait out the storm. It was a great party and when the last 8 people finally left, at 4am, we were exhausted! Nick looked at me with eyebrows raised and said "You throw a great party." It was the first time it occurred to me that he didn't really mean for everyone to go to his mom's and she might not be pleased with the whole thing (she was still in the hospital) but he was right...it was a great party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment