Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home alone

So here I am, home alone. It's quite possibly the strangest transition that I have had to make since moving to Minnesota. Moving in with someone, even as a temporary thing, meant giving up all of that alone time I had really grown to love over the years. I understand that my "mom" friends might be a little miffed at that last statement, since alone time is perhaps the rarest of luxuries for you and I also understand that I am so completely fortunate to be with my boyfriend, especially because I couldn't do that for so, so long, but it really is difficult and a little bit draining. Don't misunderstand me, though, I love Nick and I love being here with him, but sometimes I just want to sit around in solitude doing, quite frankly, anything I want to. Today I am doing some much needed laundry, cleaning, reading and finishing up a long overdue project I started before I left Sacramento (sorry Kellie). I know I can do each of these things while Nick is here, but it just seems to be moving along more efficiently today while I am alone. It's probably in my head, but I am loving today! Is that weird? I mean, seriously...no one looking over my shoulder while I attack the bathroom armed with a toothbrush. Not having to worry about the Chinese Laundry(ish) with my clothes hanging all over the house as I let everything air dry. No raised eyebrow and vampire comments while I continue reading the Twilight books (I'm in Eclipse) and I can have anything on in the background while I tackle Kellie's closet. Is it odd that I have the British Open on? Oh well, it reminds me of Nick and makes me feel close to him while he's away. Wait a minute!!!! Well, maybe the best part of being alone is looking forward to having my boyfriend back home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment